Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Last Sunday Of Advent



Day 21


This has been our tradition for as long as I can remember. Each Sunday we light another candle on the advent wreath and read that week's passage from the Children's Bible. Each Sunday we get that much closer to Christmas. Tonight is the last Sunday. It seems like I was just digging the wreath and candles out of the bin. I pack it on the top of my Thanksgiving decorations. Not in my Christmas bin. This way, I can find it easily as the first Sunday usually falls right after Thanksgiving, as it did this year. So tonight we light all four candles and we ready the final installment of the story of the birth of Jesus. We may not be a church going family, but we've managed to keep the reason for the season at the forefront of our hearts and minds. Merry Christmas to all and Happy Birthday Baby Jesus.

1 comment:

madelineas said...

Love your wreath Jennie. I really think the true meaning of Christmas is totally lost. My kids used to ask me to make a Birthday cake for Baby Jesus every year.

That's One Way To Do It

>

Crawling