Monday, July 21, 2008

R & R


My annual dose of R & R. No phones, TV, computer, doorbells, etc. Just the babbling of the creek, the chirping of the birds and the pitter patter of pack rat feet on the roof at night.
Allison and I drove over Friday. Mom, Alex, Molly and Grace met us for the day on Saturday and we drove home Sunday. Not quite long enough, but I got home before the lack of showering drove me nuts. Alex and Allison played in the creek. They build a damn and a raft every year. The raft never quite works out, but this time Alex actually got on it for a brief bit. But whatever, it keeps them busy and happy and that's all that matters. We read and played bunco and they did a puzzle and played with the old windup radio. I napped and read more and just sat and looked at the mountains and trees and all the wildflowers. Chloe rolled in horse poo and swam in the creek and snored at night. Doggie delight. It was wonderful and over all too fast. I must stow away the memories so that they hold me over for another year. You can see more photos by clicking my Flickr badge on the right.

3 comments:

madelineas said...

WOW Jennie, gorgeous pictures. Chloe seems to really enjoy it there. Love the waterfalls

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have the cabin as a refuge. The wildflowers are beautiful, and I especially liked the blue larkspur.

Anonymous said...

I love bunco, too. Check out my website devoted to bunco. It has lots of free stuff and party ideas. Suggestions for improvement welcome.:) Thanks!

That's One Way To Do It

>

Crawling