Monday, September 08, 2008

Three days is just not long enough

I go to scrap camp twice a year. I go on Friday morning and come home on Sunday late afternoon. But it's not long enough. I would like an extra day or two. After lugging everything up to camp, unloading, setting up and settling in, I'm usually not ready to just dive into the scrapping thing. So I putter around, talk to the gals, sift and sort and try to decide what to work on. Then its time for lunch. So I eat and clean up then I have to stroll around and look at what others are doing. New people arrive and need to be greeted and caught up with. Then I try to get going again, but now its almost time to get dinner ready, so I do that. Then its time to eat and maybe catch up some more and listen to stories and look at pictures. Finally, late into the evening, I get started on my own scrapping. But now I have a bit of a headache and I think I'd rather go to bed and enjoy some down time. When I wake up on the second day all I can think about it doing something fun; taking a hike or a bike ride or something like that. So away we go to have adventures and more fun. When we get back its time for lunch and after eating I might think about scrapping a bit. But I have to collect t-shirts to iron logos on and look at pictures taken on the field trip and tell everyone about what fun we had. Now I'm ready to scrap...right after dinner. No, now it's time for the gift exchange and then I can finally scrap. I stay up a bit later on the second night, but not too much. Not like some people who stay up until the wee hours of the morning. I'm in bed before midnight and loving every minute of it. Day three, I'm up early and ready to scrap, damn it. I've got until 3pm. That's it. Where has the time gone? What have I been doing with myself? Hurry up, get coffee, now sit and think. Paper, pictures, adhesive, embellish...hurry, hurry, it's almost time to eat lunch. Now we have to start cleaning up. Ack, only 30 minutes left. Here, let me lift my legs while you vacuum around me. No, don't take that box, I need that stuff. Wait, I just have to finish this last bit. Bye, see you next time. I got a whole 4 pages done. It's been fun. Can't wait to do it all again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you are talking about. I get away to scrap about once a year now, and the weekend is just not long enough. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time away, though.

That's One Way To Do It

>

Crawling